19 Feb Mobile Marketing News of The Week: February 11-17
Hello app lovers! The mobile world keeps amazing and companies inspiring with their works and developments. Are you ready to hear the exciting news of the week that we are just leaving behind? Keep yourself up to date with our mobile marketing news. Enjoy it!
Apple Reportedly Acquires Digital Marketing Firm DataTiger
We don’t usually spend a day without Apple news. This week Apple has reportedly acquired digital marketing firm DataTiger. For now, we don’t know much about the supposed acquisition, but DataTiger, which focuses of highly scalable marketing solutions, seems to be able to support the marketing processes of the tech giant.
The startup’s works cover user-demanded personalization, AI-assisted marketing, large volumes of data, real-time data requirements, data privacy.
Reddit App Install Ads Are Here, Along With New 3rd Party Attribution Options, More Tracking Capabilities
App Samurai is an AI-powered, secure mobile growth platform. Register, add your app and start driving high-quality users.
Reddit’s cost-per-click (CPC) ads are now covering an expanded set of campaign objectives and efficiencies for direct response advertisers. The company announced two additional offerings: App Install as a campaign objective and Conversion Pixel with expanded capabilities for tracking and measurement.
These developments will provide advertisers with five different campaign objectives including reach, video view, traffic, conversions, and App Install. Read more here.
App Economy 2019: Must-Read Tips From The Best Minds In Mobile
2019 has already started with great news, but if you are trying to make a space for your app in the market, you need to follow the important trends and developments. Here are the insights of successful professionals on app economy in 2019. Let’s have a look at what stands out among these insights:
- “Peer-to-peer file sharing platforms will be a subject of high interest for app marketers.” – Rajeev Dhal, Vice President, SHAREit India
- “With increased access to AI and Machine Learning through open source tools from companies like Google, mobile apps can provide increasingly tailored experience to users.” – Arpit Patel, Senior Growth Marketing Manager at PSafe Technology
- “App marketers will continue to see dynamic shifts in the industry, and those who are able to converge brand and performance marketing strategies in innovative ways will have a significant competitive advantage.” – Ran Avrahamy, VP Global Marketing at AppsFlyer
- “In 2019, marketers will look to make investments in optimization tools that help to understand in granular detail how well their in-app ads are performing and what they specifically need to change in order to improve people’s engagement with them, as well as make sure their budget is being spent right.” -Jeremy Bondy, Global Vice President, Revenue at Vungle
- “Worldwide App Store consumer spend will top $120 Billion USD, doubling global box office revenues.” – Danielle Levitas, EVP Global Marketing & Market Insights at App Annie
These Android Apps Have Been Tracking You, Even When You Say Stop
Digital security is becoming more and more important as technology cover more space in our lives. But, there are still various insecure Android apps. Online tracking industry keeps proceeding with the help of persistent identifiers, which are a unique number to identify you or your device. These numbers share the data of which websites you visit and apps you use. Even what you do within those apps is known.
They use your information to profile you for “behavioral advertising” through targeted ads. The bad news is that even if you refuse to be tracked in this manner, you may not get out of this network. Read more here.
Apple’s Latest iPhone Ad Shows A Different Kind Of Portrait Mode ‘Fail’
Portrait mode has been on the agenda this week as a result of the release of the funny spot of Apple. In the ad, one mother is swiping through photos of the group’s kids when another notices that her son has been blurred and made unrecognizable by the iPhone’s portrait mode. She asks, “Did you… bokeh my child?”
This is pretty new for Apple as the tech giant doesn’t usually use awkward humor in its marketing works. But, this one seems to succeed in hitting the target.
4 Reasons You’re Getting Your LTV and ROI Wrong
The ad-based app monetization can be challenging in terms of measuring ROI. If you are aiming at making money from your app, you need to know the metrics very well. Here is the correct version of a common mistake: An app’s LTV has to be higher than its CPI in order to generate profit, but you cannot calculate LTV without knowing your ARPDAU (Average Revenue Per Daily Active User).
Ben Lerner lists 4 reasons you’re getting your LTV and ROI wrong as:
- IAP is not your only monetization method
- Ad-supported apps do not measure Ad Revenue per user
- You’re using an average
- You’re counting impressions per user
Learn more about the reasons on Soomla’s blog.
Top App Publishers Worldwide for Q4 2018 by Downloads
Top mobile app publishers by download for Q4 2018 has been announced and Facebook is the winner of the team with more than 800 million new installs during the quarter. Google follows Facebook with more than 650 million installs and then come to Voodoo, ByteDance, and Tencent. Learn all the mobile apps that are the winners of the previous year.
Dating Apps Carve Into Share of Wallet on Valentine’s Day
Dating behaviors are under the effect of the mobile world. On Valentine’s Day in 2019, many couples that met on dating apps celebrated their love. Since 2016, the consumer spends in dating apps has increased 190% to $1.3 billion. In 2018, Tinder was the #1 dating app by global consumer spending. Other popular dating apps in 2018 were Bumble, Badoo, Match.com, Grindr, Momo. Learn more about dating apps on App Annie.
Study: Facebook, Google Top Mobile ROI Rankings While Snapchat Surges
Facebook and Google deliver the best return on investment for mobile marketers on iOS and Android platforms according to a study by Singular. Snapchat surged to the No.3 spot on the list for last year.
The study provides valuable insights related to ad networks as well. These networks on Android have more volatile ROI rankings than the ones on iOS. A huge problem of the mobile ad is ad fraud and it is still a persistent problem for mobile advertising.
The analysis of this beneficial and valuable study can be found here.
Before we leave;
We never spend a day without news of Apple and Facebook. They are giants of the mobile app world. However, the market is big and new apps keep joining the market constantly. This week, we have seen news on dating apps and Reddit’s development. Also, we had a chance to learn more about the market.
Here is a recap of all we brought you this week:
- Apple Reportedly Acquires Digital Marketing Firm DataTiger
- Reddit App Install Ads Are Here, Along With New 3rd Party Attribution Options, More Tracking Capabilities
- App Economy 2019: Must-Read Tips From The Best Minds In Mobile
- These Android Apps Have Been Tracking You, Even When You Say Stop
- Apple’s Latest iPhone Ad Shows A Different Kind Of Portrait Mode ‘Fail’
- 4 Reasons You’re Getting Your LTV and ROI Wrong
- Top App Publishers Worldwide for Q4 2018 by Downloads
- Dating Apps Carve Into Share of Wallet on Valentine’s Day
- Study: Facebook, Google Top Mobile ROI Rankings While Snapchat Surges